Saturday, September 25, 2010

Pam's epic toast!

Don't mind me and my creepy eyes ;)


As some of you may or may not know--if you are in the latter group...where the heck have you been?? I digress...I had the honour and privelige of being my BFFFE (Keira-leigh)'s MOH this past July 24th.
As part of my duties (many of which I assumed without having been asked...lol)
I wanted to give a toast to the bride...perhaps a little untraditional, but what can I say..."My name's Pam, I do what I want!"

This speech was very important to me...and I read all of the etiquette books and looked on all the wedding forums and blogs. I knew what I had to do.
 I also knew my speech was about 8 minutes longer than all of my sources advised! LOL. Oopsies! I practiced and practiced and I had gotten it down to just under 10 minutes--however, when it was my turn to give my toast I got oddly nervous and I knew I would need more time to regain my composure in places.
I had asked my hubby to makes sure he captured this momentus address on video so that I could share it with people I know and love who weren't able to be there to witness it live.
After a few months of waffling about posting this video, and also attempting to handle the technical stuff alone, the best man Zack has assisted me in posting this video on youtube and then linking it on my blog.
I'll give you the same warning I gave the guests...it's a long one...if you need a bathroom break or to stretch your legs, now is the time. So, anyhoo, I hope you all enjoy watching this as much as I enjoyed writing and delivering this speech/toast...let's face it, a toast is meant to be short enough that your arm won't get tired holding up your glass. No, this is more of a keynote speech. Being brief is not my strong suit, but washing briefs....there's another story altogether.
ENJOY!

Pam's epic bfffe toast/speech.

 
I was also very moved by the number of people who came up to me afterwards and complimented me on my toast. I also learned where Ryan's "total eclipse" embraces came from as I received a similar one from Papa aka Jim Drake, Ryan's dad! Cute cute cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments? Questions? Accolades?