Thursday, August 12, 2010

Baguette, bosu-boxing, blackholes and Byatt!

About a week and a half ago I  had the opportunity to spend some time with my girl, L.B. Now, Madame L.B. and I have been friends for a couple years now...but this past year and a half, maybe 2 years we have become supah good amies. With our franglais (thus the "Baguette" in the title) and frequent cawfee tawks and email rants... It has been as she says "good times good times."
L.B. is going through some life changes, and I couldn't be prouder of her...she is so brave, starting her own business, living her life...she is inspiring and artistic, kind and hilarious. She is a constant delight and I never know what will come out of her mouth next, but I know it will make me laugh.
Now, L.B. can work it out with the best of 'em, and I kind of invited myself along to her "Bosu Boxersize" class at the Y. Now, bear in mind that I have recently had shoulder repair surgery, so the average person probably shouldn't try this...but I am SUPER SPAM....so I...DID! And, actually, according to all sources, I did just fine..and I was even in the front row!

Not me..but I look this h-core...
The instructor seemed confused and slightly offended by my enthusiasm though :(
Perhaps she has never known injury and the boredom and anxiety that comes from having parts that don't work so good or do other things good too ;)
In any case, I had a super sweaty great time and very much enjoyed the bosu boxersizing...especially because my girl L.B. was there and two other girls who I knew happened to be in attendance as well!
Because we were so super duper sweaty L.B. and I decided to part ways to go shower and change, later I picked her up to go to a late dinner at one of my fave places, The Mint!
L.B. and I had wicked scrumptious noms and a couple of Mojitos! The DJ was spinning some old skool Skee-lo, "I wish", so I serenaded L.B. with mid-nineties rap as only a small white girl from Canada can.
Nommy cheesecaaaaaaaaaaaake :)
We finished the eve with some fab cheesecake, which we shared by candlelight...most romantic.
The next day, I helped L.B. do some moving of her things from one apartment to the next. She was surprised to learn that my little bitty 1991 Nissan Sentra could fit so many treasures inside! It's like a vehicle blackhole!

So, after several hours of moving we got a bit silly...so...enjoy...some photos she snapped on my little Iphone!

Sure, L.B. I can carry your carpet, I'm strong!


Maybe not...I'm sleepy and hungry!



Carpet noms??



L.B...can i nom on this??

Pam can haz privacy??


Oooh, what a view!!

3 comments:

  1. Killing. self. laughing.
    You are indeed a small white girl from Canada but you can boxercise and yes, that Nissan does fit a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pam no can haz privacy. Was that toilet paper folded into a triangle?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww I miss you ladies, when can we all play again?

    ReplyDelete

Comments? Questions? Accolades?