Friday, August 20, 2010

Pamela Badams, B.A.

Aerial view of UVIC's campus
Well....it would appear that after many many years of attending the University of Victoria-----I am FINALLY graduating. It is so surreal. I never thought this day would come!! There were definitely times where I thought I should just quit or find a new program or University...but I'm happy I stuck with it!
This year more than any other year, was the hardest on me...academically, emotionally, physically, you name it! When everyone else was tapering and fnishing off their last little courses and papers, I was flailing...quite epically. I loaded up my timetable in the fall, preparing for spring convocation in June. I had one final co-op to complete from January-April and one other course...who knew it would be the hardest semester of my life?!

My sweet Tiina, at our Tara's wedding, July 2009 :)
Following the high of landing a sweet co-op with the Ministry of Healthy Living and Sport in December, came a super low with the death of a good friend in January. I had no idea how my dear Tiina's death would affect me, as I compare our friendship to those of her nearest and dearest, I feel like we had barely begun our journey as friends.
Add that with the stress of an upcoming surgery and some difficulties with my final course and I became a little...well..unglued!
I decided to drop a course and pick up an extra one in summer session...which would still see me graduating in 2010.
So, upon successful completion of my summer class "The Psychology of Well-being: Flourishing in the Modern World" and paying $24.00 in library fines :( it appears that I will be permitted to convocate in November of this year!
My parents have booked their flights, and I have a super cute dress hanging in my closet...tags still on! I couldn't have accomplished this without the love and support of my nearest and deareset, not to mention my super supportive and patient husband, Mr. Mitch...who has only really known the student 'me'.
I DID IT!

Now, if only my big Sis would come.............that would be the bestest as we turn 26 (me) and 29 (Jules), on the 15th and 16th of November. I think we should party party party....sister style!
Could be dangerous....
Watch out world...coming soon to a Recreation facility, Government office or cruise ship near you....Pamela Badams, B.A., Rhed!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations Pam! I look forward to seeing you at a Recreation facility, Government office or Cruise ship near me!

    ReplyDelete

Comments? Questions? Accolades?