Tuesday, August 3, 2010

If you like it then you shoulda put a ring on it... so he did!

BFFFE's!

This past weekend, my BFFFE (That's best friend for freakin' ever...for those of you who live under rocks) got married in gorgeous North Cowichan (aka Duncan). I had the honour, nay, the privilege of being the MATRON of Honour....(Matrons are married maids...fyi.) This duty required me to assist the bride with whatever she needed leading up to and including the day of the wedding.


Naturally, I was quite thrilled to assist with the planning and shopping and decorating and shower and stagette throwing! This is, after all, my BFFFE we're talking about...and we all know, I love a good party :)  The day before we all gathered at the grooms (Ryan) parents' house for the rehearsal and dinner. We got started a little late as we were waiting for some folks to make their way from Victoria. We didn't mind though, as the day was warm and sunny and the mojitos were cool and minty!

After we became finished the rehearsal and subsequent dinner, the girls (Christy, Andrea, myself and bfffe Keira) made our way back to our wonderful Bed and Breakfast, Holmesdale House www.holmesdalehouse.ca and had some good old fashioned girl fun! Wine, hot tub, licorice, girl talk and we even watched part of a Rogers and Hammerstein. It was a restless night, but we awoke with the sun, excited that this day had finally arrived :)

The preparations began in earnest after we had nibbled on some fruit and yogurt and had a few sips of our mimosas! Hair and make-up were about 15 minutes away at Freestyle Salon www.freestylesalon.ca in Mill Bay, except for the Bride who had her own personal Courtney Edge doing her 'do! (Shout out Court!) We then returned to the Bed&Brekky to get our dresses on and have some more mimosas and brunch and photos!

The funny and talented Kirk Klein http://k-tography.com was the wedding photographer, along with his assistant Silva. At this point, we seemed to be on time....but there were a few small snafoos which caused us to run a tad behind the timetable for the day.
Never a dull moment under the arbor!
When we all arrived (by limo!) at Mamma and Papa Drake's we organized ourselves and did a few final touch-ups. We lined up outside near a gorgeous arbor and awaited our cues. Luke and Helena Stones (who played guitar and violin at Mr. B's and my wedding in 2005) strummed and bowed some beautiful melodies and we were on our way!




MOH
I didn't make it very far before I felt the tears well up in my eyes...I looked at Ryan (the groom) and he was so happy...and I think he knew that after me, came his Bride, and he was so stoked.

Keira and her Daddy, Harve!

We all stood (well, the guests did, we were already standing :) ) as my beautiful BFFFE floated down the aisle on her father's arm. Ryan's face was so fun to watch...he was so happy...I just tried not to cry.






The ceremony was beautiful and partially shaded, which was great because I was wearing what a co-worker (Deaners) dubbed the "Pink and Black Attack" or PBA...and sun+black=scorch.

WooHoo!


Vows were stated, rings exhanged, registry signed, communion taken, and then all that there was left was the moment we'd all been waiting for...the kiss! And it did not disappoint! By far, the loveliest smooch I have ever seen!



The rest of the afternoon was a blur of photos, family, friends and fun!


Epic Speech!
The reception was wonderful, but I was quite nervous as I was prepared to give what could be the longest wedding speech on record.

 The couple cut the cake, a gorgeous three tiered square, off-set number by Jacki Bickford and soon it was my turn to give the toast. I was very anxious and feel like I kind of rambled on for an epic 14 minutes! The video is so long that I can't seem to upload it anywhere, but I haven't given up yet! 

I gotta feelin'!
Yellow, Pink and Orange
(as the photographer dubbed us!)













The evening was topped off with a wicked music and lights dance party under the tent. The playlist was made by Ryan, with some input here and there from close friends and us bridal party guys!

After the couples first dance "Better Together" by Jack Johnson (I know, so cute right??)The playlist started with the Black Eyed Peas "I gotta feelin'", nice choice..."Single Ladies" by Beyonce was also a popular jam! The rest of the evening was a blur of fun and dancing and good times had by all. I also had the opportunity to dance with a very handsome young man named James to the song "Thunderstruck" by AC/DC.

One of the boys grabbed their iphone and put this little gem on as well!




Congratulations Keira and Ryan--Wedding Success! High Five!

Love you BFFFE!

2 comments:

  1. There was also the most epic rendition of bohemian rhapsody by queen ever. But yes yes lots of love and amazing people as well.

    - Ryan (BFFFEH) best friend for freaking ever's husband

    ReplyDelete

Comments? Questions? Accolades?